GLENS RUNNERS will host the first NIMRA CHAMPIONSHIP race of the season with Glenariff Mountain Race on Saturday 10th March 2018 at 12PM. It is kindly supported by local company GLENS OF ANTRIM POTATOES.
With complimentary bag of spuds for every entry, outstanding scenery and refreshments, what more would you want for the start of the mountain running season!
Race 1 in the NIMRA Championship
Distance: 5.9 miles – (9.5 km)
Climbing: 370 metres 1,200 ft
Race Numbers will be collected at: St. Patrick’s Primary School
Location: Waterfoot Village, Glenariff, County Antrim
N.I. Ordnance Survey Sheets 5 & 8
START St. Patrick’s Primary School, Waterfoot 242 251
– Running South East along road to join rough track 245 250
– Follow rough track – joining the lane to meet Ulster Way 241 247
– Follow Ulster Way along Glenariff River crossing the ‘Glen’ Road 235 229
– Follow Ulster Way up side of Glen to style –
– Follow Dry Stone Wall to Turning Point 243 217
(Dry stone wall meets a fence)
– Descent as Ascent
Upper parts of the course can be quite slippery.
FINISH St. Patrick’s Primary School, Waterfoot 242 251